Monday, April 17, 2017

Student of the Month Story

Who - freshman Ayden Lumbley
What - won Student of the Month
Where - Bowie High School
When - this week
Why - for her achievements and working hard
How - her determination and persistence

This Monday, freshman Ayden Lumbley received the award of Student of the Month. Lumbley is a student here at Bowie High School and was nominated by her teachers and fellow classmates. Winning this award came from her hard working attitude and stellar academic performance.

Being a determined and persistent student, Lumbley is able to achieve her academic goals and maintain her outside life.

She enjoys writing, painting, drawing, and gaming. At school she participates in film club, cross country, and movie club.

“In some of the clubs, we help each other out with work if we don't have work in the actual club,” 9th grade student Ayden Lumbley said.

Otherwise, she spends 2-3 hours a night working on homework.

"You need to have an organized set of binders and make out time for schoolwork each night," Lumbley said.

To keep her motivated, she uses the encouragement of her parents, friends, and teachers.

"They are not teachers, they also give you advice on how to improve instead of just a simple grade," Lumbley said.

Upon initially accepting the award she was shocked and surprised.

"It means that I have improved from earlier months and done better in my harder classes," Lumbley said.

She enjoys coming to school for the classes and to see her friends.

"I only hang out with my friends in the mornings or on Sundays. They don't really affect my schedule," Lumbley said.

Receiving this award has made her more determined to keep her grades up for future classes.

"I plan to try and encourage my friends to work hard so they can receive this award as well," Lumbley said.

"I want to go to the Air Force Academy College and then I'll see where my life takes me," Lumbley said.

No comments:

Post a Comment