Monday, April 10, 2017

Sports Portfolio Analysis

RUNNER UP VIDEOS

a. Travis Haughton
b. stories
c. seeing the back of peoples head, they want to see faces
mergers and cutting off parts of the body
photos not having a lot of meaning, wanted something more interesting
d. levels in the composition 
stopped action well
e. I thought this photographer was ok. His photos could have had better composition to make them more appealing to the viewer.

a. Nick Adams
b. sports
c. boring photos
can't find subject easily
too many children, vary subject age
d. interesting lighting, creates artistic shots
effort in getting close up to subjects
e. I did not really like this photographer. I think he put too much stuff in the photos and then it made the subject unclear.

a. Sam Adams
b. action
c. have action, too boring with subjects being still
get closer so we can see who subject is
location of where subject is in the photo
d. create mood
stopping mid action with blur
e. I thought this photographer was better than the previous ones. I liked their use of color, it added something to the photo. Also, using simplicity.

a. Justin Mott
b. stories & photo j
c. use of focus, what is in focus and what is out
how much of an element is in the photo
how they created their portfolio 
d. tells a story
evokes emotion
e. I liked this photographer. He had good composition in his photos that told a story well. Emotion was also captured nicely. 

WINNING PORTFOLIO

a. angle and position of photographer
all people doing something in the photo
creativity
b. I thought the photographer captured each moment in an interesting and thoughtful way. The way the action was stopped, and how there was a good amount of it really added to the photos.

CONTEST RECAP

a. To decide the winner the judges went back and looked on the portfolios they liked. They discussed the stories of each one and what the photos made them feel. Along with the way the photos were taken: angles, lighting, color, etc.

INDIVIDUAL IMAGES

1. We both like the photo of a guy getting hit in the face with a hockey stick. The judges like it because it captured the action well and I thought having both guys in green shirts added to the balance of the image. 
2. The judges did not like this picture of 3 kids holding onto a horse. I thought is was interesting and would want to know the story behind what happened and why the little boy is smiling. 

1. I agree with the judges on a photo of a girl mid-air with her arms out and an expression on her face. We both like it because of the simplicity, yet the intensity of her face adds to it.
2. I do not agree with the judges on a photo of a girl with her arms in the air and a tennis racket. The judges are okay with it not containing her face, but I think it lacks emotion without it.

1. I agree with the judges that this photo is bad. It is of a football goalpost with a light shining in the background. There is no subject or anything that catches your eye.
2. I do not agree with the judges on this photo of a girl kissing the bat. The judges think it is odd, and I agree with that. But, the angle and way it was taken is very interesting I think.

1. I agree with the judges on these photos and the story. The photos show a boy working with dogs. We both think they capture the story well and have interesting, thoughtful elements.
2. I do not agree with the judges on these photos about curling. They think they captured a boring sport in a cool way. I disagree and think the photos don’t have anything exciting. 

1. I agree with the judges on a photo of a dirty rugby hat. It contains a lot of detail from being so close up and with all the dirt and scratches it really tells a story. 
2. I disagree with the judges on a photo of a girl in a swimming pool from overhead. They think it has cool shapes, but I think your eye just gets lost looking at it.

1. I agree with the judges on a photo of a girl getting attacked by a goose. The action is stopped at just the right moment and you can understand what is happening.
2. I still do not agree with the judges on a photo of a person throwing their arms in the air with a tennis racket. I don’t think anything exciting is happening that is worth taking a photo.

1. I agree with the judges that the photo story that won was exemplary. The photos clearly told a story. 
2. I do not agree with the judges on the escalator photo. It was a good photo, but I felt it could have been more dramatic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment